Sunday, March 21, 2010

Months Flown, Pounds Found

So here's the thing. When I've journaled in the past about weight loss, and then fallen off the wagon (and then got dragged behind it for a few miles, then left behind, then ... well, you get the picture), I normally press "re-set."

Re-set, to me, means a complete do-over. I tear the journal pages out and shred them, black out the goals I had set, re-stock the fridge and pantry, and generally just try to forget my failure. Again.

Not this time. I am more than a little chagrined to look at my initial blog entry here, from wayyyyy back in August, see my gasp at hitting 229 lbs.

Truth time? Again? Right now I'm at 247. I'm darn near an eighth of a ton. It's probably not healthy to look at it in ton fractions, but I'm trying to scare myself a little.

I've been noodling around with different options, reviewing all of my diet gains and losses, looking for the next road to travel down. I know that what is most important is that I find ME again in the process. I've taken a couple of classes on raw foods, and as a family, we're really enjoying some of those recipes and techniques. Can I go 100% raw (which also means vegetarian, of course)? Probably not. At least not yet. But I figure that getting way more natural, unprocessed foods into my body can't not be healthy, right?

Who's with me? Heck, I'm a little more worried about making sure that I'm with me, but the more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment